The year of 2017 is almost over. What a year it has been…
I started this blog in April 2017 with my very first post From Russian With Love. I had and still have to goals for this blog:
- Improve my English
- Prove the American Dream is alive
As it usually it happens to me, I started too fast with too ambitious goals. I posted 2-3 times a week. And it worked, but for a short period of time.
A Russian proverb says, “A bad horse starts too fast.” I was that bad horse. And as it usually happens with a bad horse, it started slowing down in the middle of the race. I didn’t have enough time to keep the same pace I chose.
As a result, I slowed down from 2-3 posts a week to one post a week, and later to one post a month.
Today, as I’m writing this post, I remembered a book I read once to my daughters, “The Tortoise and the Hare” This book has an amazing lesson, you know what?
The Tortoise Always Wins
This year I learned my lesson, slow and steady…
“SLOW” but the more important part is “STEADY”
I’d like to share with you some stats from 2017. Some of them surprised me, some not…
Top posts from 2017
- Net Worth – A series of posts about our family net worth. It’s really great to see how well we did in 2017. And more important it’s really powerful to see and understand that we are really blessed with our income.
- First Pay Check in The States – a story about my very first in the States. Don’t know about you, but I keep it and hope, one day, it will become our family heirloom.
- A millionaire before 50 – an interview with Menard, a first-generation immigrant who has already reached a great milestone – $1,000,000 Net Worth.
- A story about one financial mistake – a year after we came to the States we made a financial mistake that 99.9% Americans make; we financed a car. We learned our lesson, even we regret this purchase.
- How to Budget the Russian Way – a budget is a cornerstone of financial success. I was amazed when I realized how many people don’t know what a budget is, and how to budget. And you know what, it’s really easy.
- Raising Taxes To Help Poor People – after @ZerroDayFinance in his passive-aggressive voice suggested me to get out from the States I wrote this post where I rant about raising taxes, government and our role in helping people in need.
- Convert Your Dreams To Your Goals – I used to have New Year declaration and resolution. It didn’t work. You know what works? Goals work. This is why I wrote this post explaining how to convert your goals to the dreams. I hope this method will you as it helped me.
Looking back at the year of 2017 I have to say one thing, “Our family has been blessed“. We have found many good friends, visited a couple of great places and found out that…. I will tell you later about this great news.
Thank you for staying with me and reading this blog.